Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Women in Audio

As an individual with a growing desire for music production, it recently occurred to me that all the producers I admired were men. What alarmed me was that I couldn't even name a single woman that I knew of who produced music. It seemed almost illogical to think that there weren't any women on the technical side of musical creation. However, if you're not paying close attention to these sort of things, it could unfortunately seem that way. Shortly after this realization, I came across an article about a young woman named Sama Abdulhadi, who also goes by the name SkyWalker. SkyWalker is Palestine's first female DJ. Aside from just being a DJ, SkyWalker creates full length albums, which she often produces and engineers on her own. After reading about this young woman pioneer, I began looking for other examples of women in music production. This poster series is a culmination of just some of the information I learned.


                                

                                


Inspiration: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/meet-skywalker-palestines-first-female-dj-noisey

No comments:

Post a Comment