Sunday, April 23, 2017

#everyBODYcounts

Romanda Abedair
Professor Caçoilo
Art & Women
April 29th, 2017
Semester Project 

Throughout my life people would always bully others for their shapes and sizes. One day in middle school I came across a group of girls who were measuring their bodies and competing to which of them came out to be the smallest and the smaller you were the better looking you came out to be. At the time I was overweight for my age and height and after that day I was nervous and scared to walk around school knowing the size I was. I grew older knowing that being larger then the average was not okay and needed to change. However, the older I got the more I realized that nobody can make you happy but yourself and if you are not satisfied with what you have then nobody else can support you nor be happy for you. At the same time the main support group is yourself. Once I came with this conclusion, I became a happier and healthier person. 

The semester project gave me the opportunity to focus on society and body shaming. To let people know that even though we are not perfect we still can be happy and it starts within ourself. The goal was to gather a positive vide on a social media and share tons of awesome artist, quotes, pictures, and motivational sayings. In order to create a page that was not a safe place but a truthful place. A place that can gather people who realize that nobody is perfect and being who you are is the best that anyone can be. My page focuses on male and females because unfortunately this happens to all genders. I chose Tumblr as my source because I realized that it is the best site to create a personal vibe. I also wanted to create a hashtag #everyBODYcounts, in order to start a trend to send a message that says everyone and their bodies count. CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT MY PAGE! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!  






Bibliography  


Das, Ria. "Be Positive: Artist Puts Body-Shamers’ Comments On Dress." SheThePeople TV. N.p., 14 Jan. 2017. Web. 24 Apr. 2017.

ABC Radio Adelaide By Brett Williamson. "Lingerie Photos Challenge Female Body Perceptions." ABC News. N.p., 09 July 2015. Web. 23 Apr. 2017.

Sara, Meghan. "6 Body Positive Illustrators You Need To Know About." BUST. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Apr. 2017.

Blogilates "The "Perfect" Body". Youtube.

"Carolrossett." Carol Rossetti. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Apr. 2017.

Mazziotta, Julie. "Woman Creates Art with the Body Shaming Comments She Receives Online: ‘All Bodies Are Good Bodies’." PEOPLE.com. Time Inc, 06 Apr. 2017. Web. 23 Apr. 2017.

Combatting Body Shaming through Art. N.p., n.d. Web.

Rossetti, Carol. Women: Body-Positive Art to Inspire and Empower. N.p.: Skyhorse, 2015. Print.








No comments:

Post a Comment