Monday, April 24, 2017

Semester Project

Jon-Carlos Sosa
Art and Women
April 24, 2017

Semester Project

My semester project I decided it would be interesting to create a Tumblr account dedicated to abstract expressionism.  Abstract expressionism can be defined as "an artistic movement of the mid-20th century comprising diverse styles and techniques and emphasizing especially an artist's liberty to convey attitudes and emotions through nontraditional and usually nonrepresentational means"). (Merriam-Webster). But when dealing with abstract expressionism, I like to tend to think of abstract art being express for it use of raw identities such as for its shapes, forms, colors and textures.

Why Abstract?
I chose to focus on abstract art works produced by women artists due to my choice of major.  My choice of major is from the business sector of Rutgers University; and it is supply chain management.  Supply chain management is the overview of managing of raw materials, information and finances as it moves within the supplier to the manufacturer, to the wholesaler then to retailer and finally to the consumer.  As I saw the common idea of the use of raw material/idea in both abstract art and the major of supply chain management, I felt interested in proceeding with a Tumblr account dealing with abstract art.

And Finally Why Tumblr?
I felt it would only be right to expand on my use of social media experience.  I never used Tumblr until this project and always heard about it from friends.  This project gave me a gateway to be able to proceed with using Tumblr for a purpose so I couldn't pass up on the opportunity.

So finally I just hope you take the time as I recommended to my other followers on other social media platforms to check out my semester project tumblr page below.









Semester Project Link:
https://influencingabstractwomenartworks.tumblr.com/



Work Cited:
"Abstract Expressionism." Merriam-Webster. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 25 Apr. 2017.

Cascone, Sarah. "12 Women of Abstract Expressionism to Know Now." Artnet News. Artnet News, 02 Mar. 2017. Web. 25 Apr. 2017.

"Modern Artists in Abstract Expressionism." The Art Story. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Apr. 2017.

"What is supply chain management (SCM)? - Definition from WhatIs.com." SearchManufacturingERP. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment