Saturday, January 21, 2017

Mini Post

Kayla Ryals
Art & Women
Professor Cacoilo
1/21/2017


Sue Tsai


Sue Tsai is a 28 year old artist born and raised in New York. Both of Sue's parents were fine artist, which enabled Sue's creativity from a young age. Sue studied marketing at Hofstra University, and after she graduated she used her degree in business to jumpstart her career in art. Sue works to keep art alive in a time when people are easily lost in social media and technology. Sue Tsai combines art, fashion, and pop culture to create pieces that speak to her audience on an emotional level. Sue inspires her audience to dream big! A lot of her pieces reflect the ups and downs of life as well as the powerful person that can conquer anything. 

What I love most about Sue's art is the way she uses color and lines. She's posted pictures of her art while in the process of making it, and her attention to detail is something I admire. I've been following Sue Tsai for quite some time now and her evolution is incredible. It's easy to spot the difference between her earlier art pieces and her most recent ones. I feel that I have watched her grow as an artist. Sue is one of the dopest people I've ever met and I would love to work with her in the future. She stands up for women's rights and she uses her art to spread positivity. 

World is Yours, Sue Tsai, 2016
My all time favorite piece by Sue
Sue and I at her "Misadventures
of the Heart" exhibit in NYC 




Anxious, Sue Tsai, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment